Recipe by Rhonda *J*
I like Brownie Pudding,(I enjoyed Cindy Lynn's recipe for it) so i thought this sounded good.(Haven't actually made it.) I have had this recipe for quite some time and forget where i got it.
Top Review by Lisa Gay
I'm not sure what, but something must be missing from this recipe. The "batter" portion was way too dry. I went ahead and baked it per the directions (with the water poured over teh top), but I had to take it our early cause it was all dried out. There wasn't any pudding. Did it need eggs or something else?
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup hot water
- whipped cream, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease an 8 inh round cake pan.
- In medium bowl,thoroughly blend the flour, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the cocoa,coffee, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the butterscotch chips.
- In small bowl, blend the milk, oil, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until blended.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Blend together the remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and the 1/4 cup cocoa.
- Sprinkle this mixture on top of the cake batter.
- Pour the hot water evenly over the surface of the batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the top looks cake like.
- Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- *Canuse other kinds of baking chips for variation,milk chocolate,peanut butter,mint etc.