Recipe by KelBel
Brownie on top, hot fudge sauce on the bottom. Serve with vanilla ice cream!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you are a lover of chocolate and have a sweet tooth, then this cake is for you, this cake has extreme chocolate flavor, my son's chocolate-loving GF really enjoyed this, thanks Kel!...Kitten:)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips (can use peanut butter, white, cinnamon, or other flavor chip you like)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350; butter 9 inch round or square pan.
- Blend the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- In a small bowl, blend milk, oil, vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared cake pan and spread evenly.
- Blend together remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa.
- Sprinkle over the cake batter.
- Pour hot water over the surface of batter, DO NOT STIR.
- Bake 35-40 minutes until top is dry.