Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rich and decadent! This pie has EVERYTHING going for it: chocolate, coconut, and whip cream. This tastes like a special occasion pie, but the preparation is so easy you'll want to make it all the time!
- 1 1⁄4 cups coconut macaroons, crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can chocolate syrup
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, additional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sweetened whipped cream
- Combine crumbs, walnuts, and butter.
- Press into a pie pan and bake 8- 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt in a saucepan.
- Add milk, syrup and yolk.
- Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 tbsp butter and the vanilla.
- Pour into pie shell and cover with plastic wrap directly on filling.
- Cool and serve with whipped cream.