Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy chocolate-butterscotch squares. Easy to make and everyone loves them.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups instant oats
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄4 cups nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
- Set aside 2 Tbsp of the butter for filling.
- Beat rest of butter and brown sugar with electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour, baking soda and oats.
- Spread 2/3 of mixture into 9X13 baking pan.
- Melt reserved 2 Tbsp butter with sweetened condensed milk, butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- Add 3/4 cup of nuts.
- Spread over top of oatmeal mixture.
- Sprinkle the other 1/3 of oatmeal mixture on top of chocolate-butterscotch mixture.
- Sprinkle remainder of nuts on top of oatmeal mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Amazing Flavor!!! Next time I will only make a half batch for fear of eating the entire pan myself!!!
my residents are getting so fat. i took these yummies for their dessert and i was lucky to lick up the crumbs. they all raved about them. definitely a hit