Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A sweet frosting for a plain cake
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup strong hot coffee
- 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch pieces.
- Stir in coffee and confectioners sugar.
- Beat until smooth.
I made this for a yellow cake I baked (#99866) tonight. I found the frosting consistancy to be like a 'cooked' frosting and a bit thick and fudge-like. By the time my cake cooled to frost it, the frosting was too hard to spread, so I had to add about 2 tablespoons of half and half to get it back to a frosting smooth enough to spread. The taste was very nice though - loved the added coffee in it. I will use again, but adjust with some cream or half and half. Also, this was just enough frosting for my 9 x 13 size cake.