Recipe by crazycookinmama
These are so tasty! I love butterscotch so these were perfect for me. They come out nice and crunchy on the outside and nice and chewy chocolatey on the inside.This recipe comes from Martha Stewart Living Everyday Annual Recipes 2003.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line two baking sheets with parchment, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until well combined. Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Stir in butterscotch and chocolate chips.
- Working in batches, drop batter by the tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool on baking sheets 1 minute before trasferring cookies to rack. Repeat with the remaining batter.