I could only find similar recipes using cake mix, so I thought I'd share a more "homemade" version of these yumm-o cookies. These are very chocolatey...just the way I like 'em. I guess you could also use chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or anything else instead of the butterscotch, but this is how we likes 'em done.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa in mixing bowl.
- Beat butter, both sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Beat in eggs.
- Gradually add flour mix.
- Stir in butterscotch chips.
- Drop by large tablespoonful onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, or until slightly set.
- Cool on cookie sheets another 2 min, than remove to wire racks.
OH..... MY..... GOODNESS.
Having gotten tired of the traditional chocolate chip cookie, I started looking and came across this one. I am SO glad I did!! I divided the dough in half and used white chocolate chips in one half, butterscotch in the other, at 5000 feet elevation I baked them EXACTLY 10 minutes and they're absolutely PERFECT. Now all I can think about is how this dough would be with mint chips... peanut butter chips, triple chocolate (white, light & dark) chips, and even those Andes Peppermint Crunch ones.... Thank you SO much for this recipe!
I used your WONDERFUL recipe to make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (because I didn't have butterscotch chips on had) and they were delicious! I will come back and give a rating when I buy butterscotch chips, as I believe they will be magnificent then. Thanks for a yummy snack!
Tasty cookies, perfect for lunchboxes. I used salted butter, and next time would use only 1/2 t salt. Thanks for sharing the no-cake-mix recipe!