Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another very easy dessert that is so delicious - and is made in minutes!! Melting chocolate in the microwave is a quick alternative to melting it in a double boiler. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl that won't crack and within one minute, your chocolate will be ready for spreading with very little clean-up!!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups oven-toasted crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Butter 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in heavy saucepan; bring just to a boil over medium heat, stirring comstantly. Remove from heat; stir in peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Press into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in medium, microwave-safe bowl on medium-high power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additonal 10-20 second intervals, stirring until smooth. Spread over cereal mixture. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until firm.