If you do not have (or cannot find) chocolate extract, vanilla extract can be substituted. One could even play with other flavored extracts for a new taste sensation :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs or 2 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chocolate extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated (or finely chopped)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and chocolate extract.
- 2Press into bottom of lightly greased 13x9 pan.
- 3Sprinkle with coconut, grated chocolate, and butterscotch chips. Pour the condensed milk over the top.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees on center rack for 15 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle the pecans over the top and continue baking for 5-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- 6Cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting into 24 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Butterscotch Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.9 mg
- Sodium 118.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 3.4 g