Recipe by iewe
If you do not have (or cannot find) chocolate extract, vanilla extract can be substituted. One could even play with other flavored extracts for a new taste sensation :)
Top Review by **Mandy**
I did a small batch of these, I only had a 125g pkt vanilla wafers which equaled just a little less than half the required amount. I had chocolate extract in the cupboard, I think this is the first time I've used it. I made half the amount of topping but it was too much so I have some leftover. This is a good "sweet-tooth" recipe. I got about 15 small squares for my amount of mixture. made for ZWT 4.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs or 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chocolate extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, grated (or finely chopped)
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans or 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and chocolate extract.
- Press into bottom of lightly greased 13x9 pan.
- Sprinkle with coconut, grated chocolate, and butterscotch chips. Pour the condensed milk over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees on center rack for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the top and continue baking for 5-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting into 24 bars.