Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
A candy-like cookie that is sure to become addictive! A great addition on holiday cookie trays.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (300 g) package milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Combine flour and sugars.
- Mix in margarine until thoroughly blended.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Mix until smooth OR blend in food processor until mixture comes together.
- Press with floured fingers in 10 by 15 by 1/2-inch cookie sheet with sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 18 minutes or until light golden.
- Cool slightly, about 20 minutes.
- Spread melted chocolate over base; sprinkle nuts on top.
- Press in lightly.
- Cool until chocolate sets.
- Cut into squares or triangles.
Great flavour & they look so pretty when cut into triangles! Since they are so thin, you've always got room for one!
I received this as part of a Christmas Bake exchange and we all loved it. It was packaged so elegant and the taste was as good as it looked. The only difference on the recipe that I got with it was to drizzle the bars with white chocolate before cutting. These freeze great, thanks for posting :)