Recipe by Heydarl
I found Butterfingers chocolate bars for sale on a recent holiday to Queensland, then came home to hunt on Zaar for a worthy way to use them. What I settled on was a combination of several recipes I found on several sites. We were both really impressed with how it came out, so thought I'd share with my Zaar friends. This would also work well with Violet Crumble or other chocolate candy bars.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Loved the way this ice cream went together, especially since I don't have a machine handy! Of course I'm a BIG chocolate lover, so that's probably why I enjoyed this! The butterfinger bit was a great addition, too! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed as a kidnapped recipe in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #16]
- 500 ml chocolate ice cream
- 500 ml vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate syrup
- 120 g butterfinger candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a loaf tin with cling wrap, making sure to leave plenty over the sides.
- Without opening the wrappers, hit the chocolate bars with a meat mallet until they are broken up into quite small pieces.
- Pour half of one chocolate bar into the bottom of the loaf tin.
- Put half the vanilla ice cream into the bottom of the loaf tin on top of the chocolate bar pieces.
- Cover with the other half of the first chocolate bar, then pour 1/3 of the chocolate sauce over the top.
- Layer half of the chocolate ice cream over top, then add another layer of chocolate bar pieces and chocolate sauce.
- Repeat the process with the rest of the ice cream, chocolate bar and sauce as done above.
- Cover with cling wrap and return to the freezer for at least 2-3 hours.
- Remove from freezer and turn out onto a plate. Serve by cutting into slices.
- Please note: Cooking time is actually freezing time.