Recipe by Irmgard
From the 2006 Robin Hood Baking Festival booklet. Moist and delicious with chocolate and toffee in every bite!
Top Review by donna in niagara falls
Excellent cake, Irmgard. The family enjoyed it more than the traditional cinnamon type coffee cake. I will be making this often. Thanks for sharing this recipe Irmgard.
- 1 (200 g) package toffee pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 10" Bundt pan.
- Combine the toffee bits, chocolate chips, pecans and brown sugar in a bowl; set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; stir into the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 additions of buttermilk.
- Spread 1/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 of the toffee bits mixture.
- Continue with 2 more layers of batter and filling, ending with filling.
- Bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.