1/1 Photo of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting... Shots?
I was reading a feature in our paper on frosting shots- yes, frosting shots! Apparently in some cities this is catching on quite fast. I clipped this recipe and have been moving it from here to there for a month. I thought I better post it for safe keeping. I personally would use this on a chocolate cake, but for the brave, pipe into small paper souffle cups and toss it back like a shot! I was able to frost a 9x13 cake and I believe this would be enough to frost 24 cupcakes or as the article stated, 30 frosting shots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the butter, marshmallow cream, salt and vanilla.
- 2Using an electric mixer, beat on high until well mixed.
- 3Beat in the cocoa powder on low speed just until incorporated.
- 4Add the powdered sugar and mix on low just until incorporated, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
- 5If frosting is too thick you can add in milk or cream a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency.
- 6Frosting can be refrigerated, but bring to room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before using.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Buttercream Frosting... Shots?
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 216.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 94.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g