I was reading a feature in our paper on frosting shots- yes, frosting shots! Apparently in some cities this is catching on quite fast. I clipped this recipe and have been moving it from here to there for a month. I thought I better post it for safe keeping. I personally would use this on a chocolate cake, but for the brave, pipe into small paper souffle cups and toss it back like a shot! I was able to frost a 9x13 cake and I believe this would be enough to frost 24 cupcakes or as the article stated, 30 frosting shots.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, marshmallow cream, salt and vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, beat on high until well mixed.
- Beat in the cocoa powder on low speed just until incorporated.
- Add the powdered sugar and mix on low just until incorporated, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
- If frosting is too thick you can add in milk or cream a teaspoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Frosting can be refrigerated, but bring to room temperature for about 10-15 minutes before using.
WOW, Bren, this goes in my "keep forever' file! It is great, and relatively easy. I followed the directions, as stated, adding 2 teaspoons of milk (optional) to increase 'spread-ability.' Luscious looking and tasting, I used this for Banana Cake X and it was a smashing success! I may try the 'shots' for Girls Night - bet it is good (and rich) like that too! Thanks so much for sharing, Brenda.