Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An easy and delicious chocolate frosting.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine (softened)
- 2 2⁄3 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa (I prefer Ghirardelli)
- 4 -6 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat the butter in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add powdered sugar and cocoa alternately with milk, beating to spreading consistency.
- Stir in vanilla.
Really needs more cocoa in my opinion. Pretty good when you make that adjustment.
OMG!!!!!!!This stuff ROCKED!!!! I used margarine (all I had for the moment) and half and half, but it ROCKED! This had the chocolatey taste I was looking for and not too sweet. I am using this from now on! No more canned frosting for me! (although I would do a double recipe for 24 cupcakes).