Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The BEST frosting I have ever tasted, apart from Whiped cream frosting. You can adjust the Amount of sugar to your liking, along with the chocolate, but this worked perfectly for my family and myself. Be sure to sift the sugar and cocoa, although I did not have a sifter I did use a fork and got good results. The whipping cream makes the best fluffy frosting, half&half is second place.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream (or half and half, can use milk too)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted (makes a medium flavor)
- Allow Butter to come to room temperature without letting it get so soft it loses its shape, in a large bowl beat until fluffy.
- Blend in the cocoa powder, vanilla.
- Slowly add sifted confectioners sugar, and whipping cream.
- Beat with electric mixer for about 3-5 minutes or until desired consistancy is achieved.
I really enjoyed the flavor. I was out of vanilla and heavy cream so substituted 2Tbs 2tsp sweetened condensed milk and 2Tbs 2tsp skim milk. It was too runny to decorate with though. I could have thickened it up with more cocoa powder and sugar but ran out of time so just covered with sprinkles...lol. It was still a hit! Thanks for the recipe.