- 1 cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate or 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium-size bowl, beat the butter until creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk carefully and beat until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate and beat well.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat for 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the confectioner's sugar and beat until creamy and
- desired consistency.
- NOTES & TIPS:.
- VARIATIONS: __Mocha Buttercream. Add 2-3 teaspoons instant espresso powder.
- after adding the confectioners' sugar and continue with the recipe.