From the Magnolia Bakery. Makes enough for one 9-inch two-layer cake or 2 dozen cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: to melt the chocolate, place in a double boiler over simmering water on low heat for 5-10 minutes; stir occasionally until the chocolate is completely smooth and no pieces remain; remove from heat and let cool 5-15 minutes or until lukewarm.
- 2To make the buttercream: In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter using an electric mixer on MEDIUM speed for about 3 minutes or until creamy.
- 3Add the milk carefully and beat until smooth.
- 4Add the melted chocolate and beat well for 2 minutes.
- 5Add the vanilla and beat for 3 minutes.
- 6Gradually add in the sugar and beat on LOW speed until creamy and of desired consistency.
- 7**For icing a 3-layer cake use the following measurements: 2 cups unsalted butter, 3 tablespoons milk, 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 3 cups sifted powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Buttercream
Serving Size: 1 (905 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2400.7
- Calories from Fat 1849
- Total Fat 205.5 g
- Saturated Fat 129.1 g
- Cholesterol 368.1 mg
- Sodium 58.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.1 g
- Sugars 133.7 g
- Protein 18.4 g