3 hrs 12 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This is an OLD recipe that I found in one of my old cookbooks that someone had added to it. The recipe comes from Crystal sugar. It is off of a sugar package.
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift together, flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- 2Cream together, butter and sugar, creaming well.
- 3Add beaten egg, to butter mixture.
- 4Blend in the flour mixture gradually.
- 5Chill 2 hours for easy handling.
- 6Place rounded teaspoons of dough, shaped into balls, onto greased cookie sheet.
- 7Flatten with fork.
- 8Blend 1 tablespoon cold WATER with the reserved EGG.
- 9Brush lightly over dough.
- 10Combine 3 tablespoons almonds chopped fine and 2 tablespoons sugar, sprinkle over dough.
- 11Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes,until set but not browned.
- 12Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheet.
- 13Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (626 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 948.4
- Calories from Fat 477
- Total Fat 53.0 g
- Saturated Fat 30.1 g
- Cholesterol 192.5 mg
- Sodium 888.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g