Prep 3 hrs
Cook 12 mins
This is an OLD recipe that I found in one of my old cookbooks that someone had added to it. The recipe comes from Crystal sugar. It is off of a sugar package.
- Sift together, flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa.
- Cream together, butter and sugar, creaming well.
- Add beaten egg, to butter mixture.
- Blend in the flour mixture gradually.
- Chill 2 hours for easy handling.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough, shaped into balls, onto greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with fork.
- Blend 1 tablespoon cold WATER with the reserved EGG.
- Brush lightly over dough.
- Combine 3 tablespoons almonds chopped fine and 2 tablespoons sugar, sprinkle over dough.
- Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes,until set but not browned.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheet.
- Makes 3-4 dozen cookies.
Loved these cookies! I was able to get 3 sheets of 15 cookies, had to try a cookie from each sheet to make sure they were done. Then, once they cooled, I had to try one from each batch again to see if they were crunchy or soft (they were just right) and the man ate a couple. So I guess I was able to get just under 3 dozen :). I did have a good amount of the nut/sugar mixture left over, but I put in in a plastic bag for the next batch of these I make! Thanks Barb!!