Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicious butter to serve with warm scones! It is nice on pancakes too, served with a bit of whipped cream. Rich and yummy! If refrigerated, please remove and let stand at room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften before serving. You can use margarine to replace the butter, but butter is best!! Source: Chocolatier magazine
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, using a hand-held mixer, beat the butter until creamy.
- Sift cocoa and icing sugar together, add to butter and mix well.
- Add vanilla and continue beating for 1 - 2 minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Put blended mixture into small dish and serve. If not using butter immediately, cover and refrigerate.
YUM! I have to keep reminding myself that this is BUTTER and that I can't just eat it ;). I made this to go along with chocolate yeast bread (#192544), and I just can't stop eating it! I can't wait to try this on some scones! Thank you Elly!
Made this for PAC 2010. This is delicious. I had it on toast. I will definately make this again. Thanks for posting.