Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
Melted chocolate mousse in a deep fried cinnamon burrito topped with whipped cream, raspberry sauce, hot fudge and fresh raspberries. This recipe will make anyone stand up and yell olé!
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (2 5/8 ounce) box Dream Whip
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- vegetable oil
- whipped cream
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup hot fudge
- This recipe makes 6-10 burritos.
- MAKE THE MOUSSE FIRST Open box of Dream Whip and add both packets to a large bowl. Add one cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on high for 6 minutes. Add the packet of instant chocolate pudding and add one cup milk. Beat low to mix then on high for about 4 minutes.
- Lay one flour tortilla shell out flat. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Take about 1/3 cup mousse and place on tortilla at one end. (Do not use more than 1/3 cup because it will ooze out the sides. Trust me 1/3 cup of mousse is plenty!) Fold that end of the tortilla with mousse over one fold, then fold in the sides and continue folding gently until you almost reach the end.
- Beat 1 egg well and brush egg on the last flap of the tortilla. (You won't use the entire egg on one burrito. You will use one egg for about 6-10 burritos.) The egg will help keep the burritos together at the last fold.
- Hold the fold together for a few seconds to make sure it seals well.
- Drop in hot vegetable oil or a deep fryer until the burrito is a little brown and crunchy (approximately 3 minutes depending on how hot your oil is). If using stove top method be sure to turn the burrito over to ensure crispness on both sides.
- Remove from fryer and lay on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Take your raspberry preserves and place in small microwave safe dish. Heat for about 10 seconds. Remove and stir to smooth consistency. Reheat as necessary to make warm and fluid. Do the same with the hot fudge.
- Lay the burrito on a plate. cover with whipped cream and drizzle warm raspberry sauce and hot fudge.
- Sprinkle each burrito with fresh raspberries and serve immediately.