Chef Florida Janie's Note:
Melted chocolate mousse in a deep fried cinnamon burrito topped with whipped cream, raspberry sauce, hot fudge and fresh raspberries. This recipe will make anyone stand up and yell olé!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1This recipe makes 6-10 burritos.
- 2MAKE THE MOUSSE FIRST Open box of Dream Whip and add both packets to a large bowl. Add one cup milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat on high for 6 minutes. Add the packet of instant chocolate pudding and add one cup milk. Beat low to mix then on high for about 4 minutes.
- 3Lay one flour tortilla shell out flat. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 4Take about 1/3 cup mousse and place on tortilla at one end. (Do not use more than 1/3 cup because it will ooze out the sides. Trust me 1/3 cup of mousse is plenty!) Fold that end of the tortilla with mousse over one fold, then fold in the sides and continue folding gently until you almost reach the end.
- 5Beat 1 egg well and brush egg on the last flap of the tortilla. (You won't use the entire egg on one burrito. You will use one egg for about 6-10 burritos.) The egg will help keep the burritos together at the last fold.
- 6Hold the fold together for a few seconds to make sure it seals well.
- 7Drop in hot vegetable oil or a deep fryer until the burrito is a little brown and crunchy (approximately 3 minutes depending on how hot your oil is). If using stove top method be sure to turn the burrito over to ensure crispness on both sides.
- 8Remove from fryer and lay on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- 9Take your raspberry preserves and place in small microwave safe dish. Heat for about 10 seconds. Remove and stir to smooth consistency. Reheat as necessary to make warm and fluid. Do the same with the hot fudge.
- 10Lay the burrito on a plate. cover with whipped cream and drizzle warm raspberry sauce and hot fudge.
- 11Sprinkle each burrito with fresh raspberries and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Burritos
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.9
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 1292.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 132.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 47.8 g
- Protein 15.9 g