Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from week 22 of my food blog, "Travel by Stove." I am attempting to cook on meal from every nation on Earth, and Balochistan is my 22nd stop. I never use any recipe for my blog that I'm not reasonably sure is from authentic or traditional sources, and this recipe has been posted without any alternations or additions to the ingredients. Chocolate burfi is a traditional sweet made with maida flour, sugar, cocoa powder, milk and ghee.
- 1 cup maida flour or 1 cup pastry flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cashews
- Add all the ingredients except the cashews to a hot pan. Stir for 20 to 25 minutes, until the mixture starts to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Add the cashews and keep stirring. Pour the mixture into a greased pan and cut into squares (you may have to reinforce your cuts later as the burfi cools).