Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
SOOOOO CUTE! (preparation time unknown)
- 3 1⁄4-3 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages quick-rising yeast
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon spice islands pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup milk chocolate or 1⁄3 cup peanut butter morsels
- jelly beans (optional)
- decorating icing (optional)
- carrot (optional)
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, cocoa powder, undissolved yeast and salt.
- Heat milk, butter and water until very warm (120° to 130°F).
- Gradually add to dry ingredients; beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Add egg, vanilla and 1/2 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl occasionally.
- With spoon, stir in enough remaining flour to make soft dough.
- Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 4 to 6 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Divide dough in half.
- For body, knead chocolate morsels into 1 half; form into ball.
- Place on bottom end of greased large baking sheet; flatten to make 5-inch round.
- For head, remove 1/3 of remaining half; form into ball.
- Place on pan above body; flatten slightly, pinching to attach.
- For nose, pinch off 1/2-inch ball from remaining dough; place on center of head.
- Divide remaining dough into 4 equal pieces; roll each to form 6-inch rope.
- For arms, arrange 2 ropes across body; attach by tucking one end of each under body.
- Shape remaining ropes into ears; arrange above head.
- Attach by tucking one end of each under head.
- Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until done, covering with aluminum foil after 20 minutes to prevent excess browning.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- Decorate as desired.