1/3 Photos of Chocolate Bundt Cake With Peppermint Glaze
1 hr 20 mins
I love making this just when the Christmas season starts - it totally gets me in the spirit of the holidays! (This actually tastes better the next day, in my opinion)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract, to taste
- 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- 2Grease and flour a Bundt pan- mix the cocoa with the flour so it doesn't leave a white coating on the cake.
- 3Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla.
- 4Beat until smooth.
- 5Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- 6Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 7Bake for 1 hour- but check it after 55 minutes just in case.
- 8Allow to cool.
- 9In a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar with peppermint extract (to taste- adjust as necessary), then mix a few drops of hot water.
- 10Stir stir stir.
- 11If it's too thick, add another couple drops of water.
- 12Drizzle over turned out cake.
- 13Sprinkle with crushed candy canes, if you got`em.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Bundt Cake With Peppermint Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.8
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 53.9 mg
- Sodium 395.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 34.3 g
- Protein 4.4 g