I love making this just when the Christmas season starts - it totally gets me in the spirit of the holidays! (This actually tastes better the next day, in my opinion)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon cocoa
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract or 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract, to taste
- 2 tablespoons crushed candy canes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a Bundt pan- mix the cocoa with the flour so it doesn't leave a white coating on the cake.
- Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs, water, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour- but check it after 55 minutes just in case.
- Allow to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix powdered sugar with peppermint extract (to taste- adjust as necessary), then mix a few drops of hot water.
- Stir stir stir.
- If it's too thick, add another couple drops of water.
- Drizzle over turned out cake.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes, if you got`em.