Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Mighty fine eatin' fer an easy day of cake bakin'. Ya'll won't believe how dang'd easy this 'un is. If you try this recipe, I'm shore you'll have yer loved ones smilin' like a pack of cheshire cats eatin' berries!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -3 tablespoon very warm water
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease and flour 10" Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, cocoa, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed w/ electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.
- While cooling, prepare chocolate glaze: Melt butter in saucepan then gradually stir in the powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
- Add 1 tablespoon of warm water at a time, until desired consistency of glaze is achieved.
- Drizzle over cake when done.
I'm actually rating the glaze because I made a little different version of a chocolate bundt cake but wanted a glaze for it instead of just powdered sugar.
This glaze is fantastic. The perfect amount of water for me was 2 tablespoons. It hardened up perfectly as I poured it on the cake. Just the perfect amount of sweetness. Thank you!
I love this recipe! It's really easy, and I have changed cake mix/pudding flavors to make a totally different bundt cake. Of course I eliminate the cocoa powder when appropriate. But the cake turns out very moist every time. Thanks!