Recipe by Ambassadress of GoodHumor
Mighty fine eatin' fer an easy day of cake bakin'. Ya'll won't believe how dang'd easy this 'un is. If you try this recipe, I'm shore you'll have yer loved ones smilin' like a pack of cheshire cats eatin' berries!
Top Review by katobow
I'm actually rating the glaze because I made a little different version of a chocolate bundt cake but wanted a glaze for it instead of just powdered sugar.
This glaze is fantastic. The perfect amount of water for me was 2 tablespoons. It hardened up perfectly as I poured it on the cake. Just the perfect amount of sweetness. Thank you!
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup water or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -3 tablespoon very warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease and flour 10" Bundt pan or tube pan.
- Combine cake mix, pudding, cocoa, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed w/ electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes, then invert onto serving plate.
- While cooling, prepare chocolate glaze: Melt butter in saucepan then gradually stir in the powdered sugar, cocoa and vanilla.
- Add 1 tablespoon of warm water at a time, until desired consistency of glaze is achieved.
- Drizzle over cake when done.