Chocolate and Peanut Butter go so well together. These are to die for.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, not unsweetened or 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1For brownies, preheat oven to 350*F.
- 2Line a 13 X 9 X 2 inch pan with aluminum foil, leaving 2 inch overhang on both short sides.
- 3Spray foil with nonstick spray.
- 4Combine both chocolates and butter in heavy small saucepan.
- 5Stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
- 6Cool to barely lukewarm.
- 7Using electric mixer, beat sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in large bowl on high speed until mixture thickens and is pale yellow, about 5 mintues.
- 8Reduce mixer speed to low, beat in flour and salt, then melted chocolate mixture.
- 9Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan.
- 10BAke brownies until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs still attached, about 20 minutes.
- 11Transfer baking pan to rack; cool 15 minutes.
- 12Press gently on edges of brownies to level with center.
- 13Cool completely in baking pan.
- 14For frosting, combine peanut butter and butter in medium bowl.
- 15Using electric mixer, beat until smooth.
- 16Add powdered sugar and vanilla and beat until well blended and smooth.
- 17Spread frosting evenly over brownies in pan.
- 18Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 19Using foil as aid, lift out brownies from pan.
- 20Cut into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownies With Peanut Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 49.2 mg
- Sodium 87.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g