Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 6 ounces chocolate, semisweet
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- icing sugar
- In large heatproof bowl set over hot water, melt chocolate with water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; let cool slightly.
- Whisk in egg whites and vanilla.
- Stir together sugar, flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate batter just until combined.
- Pour into lightly greased 8 in. square cake pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges pull away from pan.
- Let cool on rack; dust with icing sugar.
The best brownies ever!
I used 1% milk instead of hot water and whole wheat flour. I also cut the sugar in half and added chocolate chips and walnuts. My guests raved about them and couldn't believe they were actually low-fat! Oh, and to save time-use chocolate chips and put them with the milk in the microwave for a minute. You won't have a pan to wash and it's much faster. I make fondue that way all the time and it only takes one minute!