Recipe by Faith <3
Top Review by ladypit
For being so very low in fat these are quite good! They are fudgy and rich and the only problem I really had was that, 10 minutes longer than they were supposed to cook, they were still not quite done in the middle. Next time I'd up the temp. to 350 and see if that works better. But a great low fat treat to have in the arsenal. Thanks.
- 1⁄4 cup unbleached flour, plus
- 1 tablespoon unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, oat bran, cocoa, sugar, milk powder and baking soda in a large bowl; mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate syrup, egg whites, and vanilla extract.
- Fold in nuts if desired.
- Coat an 8"x8" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread batter evenly in pan, and bake at 325 degrees for 23 minutes or just until edges are firm and center is almost set.
- Cool to room temperature, cut into 16 2" squares and serve.