Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
It's nice to have a homemade brownie recipe when you are snowed in and don't have mix on the shelf. It's a great treat served hot!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 ounces baking chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat over to 350.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the saucepan.
- Remove from heat and add sugar.
- Add one unbeaten egg, mix well with fork and then egg second egg and mix until all combined.
- Add vanilla, and nuts if desired.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to other mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into baking pan and bake 25 to 30 minutes.