Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I adapted this from a candy advertisement. It makes 1 8x8 cake or 64 cookies. Oven must be preheated to 350 degrees F.
- 4 ounces butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces, softened
- 29 Dove dark chocolate miniatures
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with pan caoting. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and chocolate over a double boiler. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees F or until warm to the touch.
- In the bowl of a standing electric mixer fitted with the whip attachment, whip the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract on speed 2 for 2 minutes. Add chocolate mixture into the eggs.
- Sift together the flour and salt. Add the flour to the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn the pan around and continue to bake for 10 minutes more.
- Cool to room temperature before cutting (best if made the day before).