Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A light version from Cook Yourself Thin tv....decadent way to satisfy that chocolate craving without blowing the calorie bank!! Subbing veggies for the butter/oils or fats is a key to keeping this down to 291 calories per bar while staying moist and delicious! **Prep time includes 20 minute cooling time
- 236.59 ml fresh raspberry
- 473.18 ml butternut squash, peeled and finely grated
- 118.29 ml white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 236.59 ml ground almonds
- 295.73 ml sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 59.14 ml self-rising flour
- 118.29 ml Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- cocoa powder, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the pan with parchment paper. A big square placed over the top is enough, if you then cut into each corner to make a neat pleat. It's also a good idea to dot a tiny bit of oil on the base and sides to help the paper stick down.
- Add the eggs and sugar into a large bowl, and using a handheld or standing mixer, beat on medium-high speed 4 to 5 minutes, until pale, fluffy and quadrupled in size.
- Add the grated butternut squash and the flour, ground almonds, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Beat until well incorporated. Pour half of this mixture into the prepared pan. Scatter the raspberries and chocolate chips over the top. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes until just cooked.
- Let cool in the pan for 20 minutes and garnish with sifted cocoa powder before serving.