Calling all chocoholics. Need I say more?
Make and share this Chocolate Brownie Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- Grease and preheat waffle iron.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, chocolate chips, cocoa, and walnuts in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine egg yolks, milk, and cooking oil.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture. Stir until combined, but still lumpy.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- GENTLY fold the egg whites into the lumpy batter.
- Pour the batter onto the iron and bake until done.
- For an even more sinful treat, top with whipped cream, fresh strawberries or raspberries, chocolate sauce and chopped nuts.
Made these for my grand babies. They wanted pancakes and I talked them into waffles. They were very glad I did. They loved them and ate every last crumb!
If I could, I'd give these 4 and half stars... Although a little bit more work than I prefer for a waffle (three bowls and beaters), these baked up *beautifully* and had the *best* texture of any waffle I've made in a while! Unlike most chocolate waffle recipes, these are much closer to a traditional waffle than dessert in flavor; overall we liked that very much, but still wished there had been a little more chocolate flavor to them. SO, next time I will make these minor changes: 1) I will use the full amount of chocolate chips, but use miniature ones instead so their flavor will be better distributed through the waffle, 2) increase the sugar by no more than 50%, and 3) add a small amount of vanilla to the milk/egg mixture. Thanks for a great addition to my waffle collection!
These were really good. Left out the nuts and added additional chocolate chips. Kids loved them!