Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chocolate, caramel and pecans. Always a big hit.
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 10 ounces light caramels
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 12 pecan halves (garnish)
- In a double boiler, melt semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolate with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt; stir into chocolate mixture.
- Add pecans and chocolate chips, stirring until just combined.
- Scrape mixture into a 9” springform pan lined with parchment or waxed paper on the bottom.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until cake starts to pull away from side and cracks form on top.
- Let cook in pan on rack.
- In a double boiler, melt caramels with cream, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour over brownie cake in pan.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- In a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate with cream, whisking until smooth.
- Let cool slightly; pour over caramel layer.
- Garnish with pecans.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.