Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
One rainy day, with nothing on hand but a box of brownie mix, I decided to experiment..the result this easy yummy torte! People will think you spent hours creating this beautiful 4 layer torte, but really ou only spent 1. The thick brownie contrasts beautifully with the mint whipped filling making a perfect dessert!
- 1 (21 ounce) boxplain chocolate brownie mix (or extra chewy if desired)
- 1 egg (as directed on brownie mix)
- 1⁄4 cup water (as directed on brownie mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (as directed on brownie mix)
- 1⁄2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (plus more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract (plus more to taste) (optional)
- Prepare brownies according to box, however pour the mix into two round 8 by 8 cake pans. Make sure you grease the pans, and bake according to box. (Use the time that is on the box for the 8 by 8 pans) The mix isn't supposed to fill the pans completely, just about halfway.
- After taking out the brownies, and letting them cool completely, you can start the whipped filling. Begin by setting a large bowl and the beaters into your freezer for a couple of minutes.
- Pour heavy cream into the chilled bowl and beat on high untill it begins to thicken.
- Add the sugar, the vanilla, and the peppermint extract if desired. Beat the mixture untll, light and fluffy, and resembles whipped cream.
- Remove one brownie from pan, and set on a platter. Thickly cover it with whipped filling, then but the other brownie on top, cover that one too.
- Decorate top with shavened chocolate or mint leaves.
I was pleasently surprised by how a regular box of brownies could turn into such a beautiful and elegant torte! All my friends were amazed at all of the "hard work" I had put into making this dessert and I told them how easy it was. Thanks for making this so easy!