Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
An old-fashioned recipe from way back. A cake-like brownie will surface on the top, and a rich, warm chocolate pudding will be on the bottom of the pan--a wonderful chocolate treat, served with ice cream.
Top Review by Chelleybean
All i can say is wow, what a pudding! I didn't fancy nuts so added some chop chips and mini marchmallows. It turned out brilliantly, Kittencal you are my favourite chef!!! I love all your recipes and can now add this to my list of favourites!! Thanks for sharing
- 354.88 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml sugar (or to taste)
- 44.37 ml cocoa powder
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 177.44 ml half-and-half cream or 177.44 ml milk
- 44.37 ml oil (not olive oil)
- 7.39 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, plus
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 88.74 ml cocoa powder
- 631.69 ml hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add in cream, oil, vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 6 tablespoons cocoa and hot water.
- Pour over the batter in the pan (do not mix).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve in single dessert bowls topped with ice cream.