1/1 Photo of Chocolate Brownie Pudding
An old-fashioned recipe from way back. A cake-like brownie will surface on the top, and a rich, warm chocolate pudding will be on the bottom of the pan--a wonderful chocolate treat, served with ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream or 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 2/3 cups hot water
- 1Set oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- 4Add in cream, oil, vanilla; mix until smooth.
- 5Stir in nuts.
- 6Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- 7In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 6 tablespoons cocoa and hot water.
- 8Pour over the batter in the pan (do not mix).
- 9Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- 10Serve in single dessert bowls topped with ice cream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownie Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 502.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 78.4 g
- Protein 8.7 g