Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
An old-fashioned recipe from way back. A cake-like brownie will surface on the top, and a rich, warm chocolate pudding will be on the bottom of the pan--a wonderful chocolate treat, served with ice cream.
Top Review by Chelleybean
All i can say is wow, what a pudding! I didn't fancy nuts so added some chop chips and mini marchmallows. It turned out brilliantly, Kittencal you are my favourite chef!!! I love all your recipes and can now add this to my list of favourites!! Thanks for sharing
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons oil (not olive oil)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup brown sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 2⁄3 cups hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- Add in cream, oil, vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Pour the mixture into prepared baking pan.
- In a small bowl mix together brown sugar, 6 tablespoons cocoa and hot water.
- Pour over the batter in the pan (do not mix).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Serve in single dessert bowls topped with ice cream.