Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mom gave me this recipe a few years ago and we both thought it was easy and really good. I like the addition of nuts in it- oh I'd say about 3/4 c chopped pecans. You can top it with Coolwhip if you want to save time but I think there's no comparison to the real thing. I also think the Pillsbury pie crust that comes in a box next to the tubes of biscuits is far superior to the kind that comes precooked in the tin.
- 1 quart whipping cream, whipped until peaks form
- 1 9-inch baked pie crust
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- in an electric mixer, mix the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, and butter.
- pour into the pie shell and bake 45 minutes.
- serve warm topped with whipped cream.