1 hr 25 mins
Serve at room temperature or chilled. Don’t use an unbaked pie shell; the filling is fairly wet and may make the pastry taste slightly raw.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9-inch deep dish pie crust, partially prebaked
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; in a saucepan, gently heat the corn syrup, brown sugar, and butter together until the butter melts.
- 2Turn off the heat and add in the chocolate and salt; let stand 5-7 minutes, occasionally tilting and shaking the pan so the liquid runs over the chocolate.
- 3Whisk the mixture until smooth, the pour into a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 4Whisk the eggs and egg yolk together in another bowl until frothy; blend in vanilla.
- 5Add about half of the slightly cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until smooth; blend in the remaining chocolate mixture.
- 6Add in the pecans and stir well; pour filling into the cooled pie shell.
- 7Using a fork, gently rake the nuts to distribute them evenly.
- 8Place the pie in the center oven rack and bake about 40 minutes, until the filling has puffed and cracked slightly, especially around the edge.
- 9Rotate the pie 180° halfway through the baking.
- 10When done, it may be slightly wobbly at the center; don’t worry, the residual heat will continue to cook the pie.
- 11Transfer the pie to a wire rack and let cool; serve warm or at room temperature; or let cool thoroughly, cover with loosely tented foil and refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- 12May serve with whipped cream or ice cream on top.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownie Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.8
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 161.0 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 36.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g