Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from e-How.com .
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 8 ounces package softened cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- Click to enlargeMelt the chocolate, either in a double boiler or in the microwave on medium power for 30 seconds at a time, stirring until smooth. (In the microwave, the chocolate will appear to hold its shape when it is actually melted.)
- Click to enlargeBeat together cream cheese, butter or margarine, and sugars in a large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Click to enlargeAdd melted chocolate, mixing well.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a smaller bowl.
- Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Click to enlargeStir in oats and nuts.
- Cover mixing bowl and place in refrigerator. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and line some cookie sheets with baking parchment.
- Shape chilled dough into 1-inch balls.
- Click to enlargePlace balls 3 inches apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies are almost set. Don't overbake.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet and remove to wire rack.
- Cool cookies completely, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Store in tightly covered container.