Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Pat and Gina Neely, Memphis based chefs and hosts of the new Food Network show "Down Home with the Neely's".
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare brownies as directed on the box for "cakelike" brownies, using mix, eggs, water, and oil.
- Spread half the batter into an 8-by-8 inch prepared pan, and top evenly with the mini-marshmallows and chocolate caramel-covered wafers. Cover with remainder of batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until brownies are almost cooked through. Remove from oven. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream, then add sugar.
- Plate brownies with dollop of whip topping, raspberries and chocolate shavings.
I gave this recipe for stars! The taste is delicious a little sweet but my kids loved them. I used Keeblers Chocolate covered caramel wafers. The middle was not cooked after the time stateed but kept in for another 20 minutes and they turned out fine. You do need to let the brownies cool completely before cutting. Thanks Sue L
Unfortunately this didn't work for me. I don't know if it's my luck with recipes lately or my oven but this is the second time recently that a brownie recipe baked on the edges but stayed raw in the center. The center of these brownies had a bottom layer (about 1/8") that was baked but on top was still raw. About 2" around the edges was baked after 35 minutes. I'm afraid the edges would have been burned to a crisp before the center finished baking. It's too bad because the taste was good (of the edges). I used 15 fun-size Twix (from two 4.56 oz pkgs). Thanks for the recipe anyway Sue - I hope it works better for the next person!