If you're a chocoholic in need of a rich, chocolately fix, then this recipe is for you! These are a hybrid between the richness of a brownie and the texture of a dense, chewy cookie. Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk or favorite brew of coffee.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces extra bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao, Lindt or Ghirardelli recommended)
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (85%-100% cacao, Lindt or Ghirardelli recommended)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 tablespoon ground espresso (optional)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (Ghirardelli recommended)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Whisk/mix together eggs, sugar, and vanilla at high speed until mixture increases to 3x volume with a ribbony consistency.
- 3Melt together both chocolates and butter in microwave or double boiler. Be careful not to scorch chocolate! If microwaving, do so in 15-20 second increments, stirring each time.
- 4Slowly add chocolate mixture to egg mixture while mixing, taking care not to add the chocolate so quickly that the eggs get "cooked." Mix well.
- 5Add espresso (optional), flour, baking powder, and salt, continuing to mix well.
- 6Stir in the chocolate chips.
- 7Dollop onto a cookie sheet by the spoonful or using a pastry bag and cone, about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 8Bake 8-10 minutes at 325 degrees F.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownie Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (623 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 32.2 mg
- Sodium 36.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g