maryL in Canada's Note:
This recipe is from the LCBO (liquor control board of Ontario). Their recipes are wonderful and easy. The book is free and is available 6 times a year at the liquor store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1For brownie layer preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 9" springform cake pan and line bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- 3Melt butter and pour into a large bowl.
- 4Sift cocoa into butter and stir in sugar.
- 5Add eggs to mixture, blending well after each addition.
- 6Stir in vanilla.
- 7In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. (do not sift).
- 8Add to cocoa mixture and blend gently.
- 9Pour into pan and bake 35 minutes.
- 10Cool completely before filling.
- 11For cheesecake layer, lay 8 Oreo cookies in a circle on cooled brownie layer.
- 12Melt chocolate. (I use the microwave instead of over water).
- 13Beat cream cheese until fluffy using electric beater.
- 14Slowly add sugar while mixing and beat in vanilla.
- 15Pour the whipping cream in and whip on high speed until mixture becomes firm and holds a peak.
- 16Add chocolate and blend quickly.
- 17Pour this onto brownie base, spread and cool for 2 hours before slicing.
- 18Garnish with Oreo cookies cut in half and placed on cake.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 732.2
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 31.0 g
- Cholesterol 193.5 mg
- Sodium 337.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 10.9 g