Recipe by maryL in Canada
This recipe is from the LCBO (liquor control board of Ontario). Their recipes are wonderful and easy. The book is free and is available 6 times a year at the liquor store.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 14 Oreo cookies
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- For brownie layer preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9" springform cake pan and line bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and pour into a large bowl.
- Sift cocoa into butter and stir in sugar.
- Add eggs to mixture, blending well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. (do not sift).
- Add to cocoa mixture and blend gently.
- Pour into pan and bake 35 minutes.
- Cool completely before filling.
- For cheesecake layer, lay 8 Oreo cookies in a circle on cooled brownie layer.
- Melt chocolate. (I use the microwave instead of over water).
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy using electric beater.
- Slowly add sugar while mixing and beat in vanilla.
- Pour the whipping cream in and whip on high speed until mixture becomes firm and holds a peak.
- Add chocolate and blend quickly.
- Pour this onto brownie base, spread and cool for 2 hours before slicing.
- Garnish with Oreo cookies cut in half and placed on cake.