Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Applesauce keeps the fat down, yet very moist in these yummy bite size treats.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 24 pecan halves
- In a glass bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave, stirring until completely melted.
- Stir in applesauce, jam and sugar until well blended.
- Lightly beat egg with egg white and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate mixture. gently stir in flour and pecans.
- Grease mini muffin tin with light cooking spray.
- Spoon batter into pan up to the top.
- Top each brownie with one pecan half.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute before removing from pan.