Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Chocolate and crunchy and just plain good.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- white chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- In a bowl mix flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat butter, eggs and vanilla. gradually beat in flour mixture. Knead walnuts in by hand.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into 12 x 3 inch logs.
- bake on prepared cookie sheets for 30 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- With a sharp knife cut 1/2 inch slices place back on cookie sheets. Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- when cool store in a tightly covered container.
- When ready to serve melt white chocolate chips and drizzle over biscotti.