6 hrs 30 mins
This is a recipe from the Top of the Riverfront in St. Louis. The recipe was featured on Rachel Ray's Tasty Travels. Plan ahead, as brownies need to cool several hours or overnight (cook time accounts for this).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup praline liqueur
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 5 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter and flour a 9 x 13 pan.
- 3Place softened butter in a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer, and whisk until it is pale yellow and light.
- 4Add sugar and whisk till light and luffy.
- 5Whisk in cooled chocolate, then add the eggs 1 at a time, whisking after each addition.
- 6Whisk in Vanilla and liquer.
- 7Sift in the flour, cocoa, and salt and fold in until combined.
- 8Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan, smoothing it out evenly, and bake in the center of the oven until the brownies have puffed slightly around the edges and are shiny on the surface, about 30 minutes. They will still be very moist in the center.
- 9Allow brownies to cool 4-6 hours, but overnight is best.
- 10When you are ready to make the baklava, preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 11Brush the phyllo sheets with clarified butter and stack them.
- 12Cut phyllo sheets into 4 (6 inch) squares.
- 13Brush one side of the 4 squares with caramel sauce and sprinkle with half of the chopped pecans.
- 14Cut the brownies into 3-inch squares and place one on each fillo square. (you will have leftover brownies).
- 15Fold phyllo sheets around the brownie like an envelope, brush them with clarified butter, and place them seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- 16Bake until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- 17carefully place on plate with a scoop of ice cream. Cover in carmel sauce, chocolate sauce, and pecans.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Brownie Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (545 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1943.1
- Calories from Fat 939
- Total Fat 104.3 g
- Saturated Fat 52.5 g
- Cholesterol 306.9 mg
- Sodium 889.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 248.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 134.5 g
- Protein 17.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: