Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I learned this recipe at a pampered chef party. It's delicious, rather quick to make, the most difficult part is assembling top and bottom so with this I wish you luck. LOL It is also very rich so please cut thin slices, hence the 16 servings. One more thing these may be so chocolatey and peanut buttery that they may lead to addiction so beware.( again I am LOL)
- 1 (18 -21 ounce) package brownie mix
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 (1 1/2 ounce) peanut butter cups, bars
- 1 2⁄3 cups peanut butter chips (10 oz. pkg)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray two torte pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 8 inches circles of parchment or wax paper over centers of pans, set aside. In mixing bowl combine brownie mix, eggs, 1/2 cup oil, water and peanut butter, mix well. Divide batter between 2 pans spreading to edges. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until centers feel firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, dice peanut butter cups, set aside. In microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter morsels and remaining 1 tbsp of oil, microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 30 second interval. Spoon 1/4 cup of the this peanut butter mixture into a resealable plastic bag, set aside. Fold marshmallows into remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Remove pans from oven to cooling rack. let brownies stand in pans for 4 minutes. To assemble torte, invert one brownie well side up onto large round platter. Make sure to remove paper from bottoms of brownies. Using scraper spread marshmallow filling into brownie well. Invert remaining brownie well side up onto cooling rack then slide onto top of bottom layer. Evenly distribute diced peanut butter cups into brownie well. Snip tip of corner of baggie to allow peanut butter mixture to flow through, drizzle over torte. Serve immediately.
- Tip I prefer to use miniature peanut butter cups cut in quarters instead of the big peanut butter cup candy bars.