Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Frosting for the Broiler Cake
- 59.14 ml butter
- 29.58 ml milk or 29.58 ml cream
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml nuts or 236.59 ml coconut
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and milk in a saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the nuts/coconut. Spread evenly over the top of the warm cake (still in pan).
- Place cake low under a slow broiler. Broil until lightly toasted. Watch carefully. Cool completely in pan.
I love this type of frosting and this one certainly does not disappoint. Quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients that I always have on hand. It really elevates the cake to somewhere new. Chewy and full of flavor, whats not to like. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will make often with your cake.