Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
Make and share this Chocolate Breag recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 325Â°F.
- Butter and lightly flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan, or spray it with a butter-flour spray.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the egg and beat well, then the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt together right into your wet ingredients.
- Stir together with a spoon until well-blended but do not over mix. Scrape down the batter in the bowl, making sure the ingredients are well blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for about 10 to 15 minutes, at which point you can cool it the rest of the way out of the pan.
- Serve with fresh berries.